Leggo my Logo

By Jarrett Felix
Hey all, hope everyone is doing well and enjoying their summer running. The good news is that it hasn't even been hot the last few days so my runs have not been slow and I definitely didn't cry during my Sunday long run so I mean that's cool. Also, apparently it's not a good idea to eat a large bowl of cereal with a generous supply of milk immediately before a run. Would have been nice for somebody to pass that message along ahead of time. 

But enough about that, let's address a few elements of business here on the blog. For starters, I just want to give thanks to our writers and our great interviewees for a fantastic stretch of insightful coverage. Really cool stuff. 

I also want to remind/reiterate that I am technically in the middle of a posting vacation from now until sometime in August to recharge the batteries a bit before the season renews in earnest. When I come back, the team rankings will be released along with probably some other fun stuff.

But have no fear, the blog will not slow down in my absence! The crew is preparing some awesome posts and coverage for us including an in depth look at the college recruiting classes for next season. It's going to be awesome. There is also some great discussion going on in the XC Top 50 section if you need to get more of a PA HS fix. 

So with all that talk cleared off my plate, let's get to the reason why I gathered all of you here today. For starters, we are looking for a new logo for the blog. We think it would make an awesome addition to our front page and would make us seem more like a legit site than just some kids spewing thoughts. You have complete free reign to come up with a cool logo and maybe give us a new, catchier name. Etrain11: the Aftermath seems like it needs a shake up at this point so we are accepting some brainstorming ideas for a new title. Some thoughts that have been floated around

The Train Station
Penn Station
Public Transportation
TrainTrack(s)
ET: Extra Track-estrial
Etrain11 and the Chamber of Secrets
Easy E

Ok so the last one it turns out is taken, but you get the idea here. Get creative and share your ideas/logos with us! Feel free to give me an email or tweet at us to find out more info and ask questions. 

We desperately need your help! My art skills are even worse than my spelling and grammar! 

In addition, I figure I should let you know that we are still willing to take on writers. I'd especially like to add for the etank, shetrain and professional tabs which have been lacking a little spark. If you are passionate about the sport, feel free to give it a shot! It's a guaranteed audience, nice resume booster and a great chance to leave your stamp on the site. Sean Collins has been awesome for us so far, but he's a decathlete at Penn! I'm surprised he even has the time to tweet let alone blog.

So that's all for now. Hopefully, I've managed to grab somebody's attention and we will have an awesome new logo soon to add to the front page. If not, I'm going to spend hours trying to draw a bubble letter E that is also a train. Or maybe an 11 that is also a distance runner.

That can only end poorly. Please save us.

9 comments:

  1. Letterman's top 5 alternate Etrain11 Blog Names

    5. PA Runs Hard
    4. No Train No Gain
    3. Train into America
    2. Sweat Stain Train

    And the number one new name for Etrain's blog....

















































    1.Hot Steaming Pile of Track

    ReplyDelete
  2. Letterman's # 6 - 10 :)

    6. Brain Train

    7. Living in the Fast Train

    8. Feel No Pain Train

    9. Entertain Train

    10. Train Tracks ** I borrowed that from the original list of ideas but I like it the best. I'll help organize
    the first fall 5k fun run on a Rail Trail in PA.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a big fan of "The Train Station" personally, but "No Train No Gain" also tickled my fancy quite a bit

    ReplyDelete
  4. My son came up with "Craz-E Train" or however you want to spell it.

    Though from your list I like Train Station and Penn Station (but once you go bigger than PA you will have to change the name! I like PA Don't Play's "No Train No Gain" too....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Although it may have been a joke, I actually kind of like "Hot Steaming Pile of Track". It's got an edginess to it. Maybe just cut it down to "Pile of Track".

    T-Spot or E Spot

    ReplyDelete
  6. Addicted to Track

    ReplyDelete
  7. chuggachuggachuggachuggaCHOOCHOO

    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-YOb5JllFs3VnZ5Mlpja1hyWUU
    i made dis

    -nxf

    ReplyDelete