Virtual XC Meet

Why just talk about it when we can experience it? It's time to lay down some numbers. Based on my opinion and purely my opinion I will be putting together a virtual XC meet to determine the best teams and individuals since 2006 in PA XC! The question is where should I hold this virtual meet? In order to try and make this as fair as possible I will be holding it at .... the Hershey Parkview Course that started in 2008 complete with poop-out hill and all. I figure that's the fairest way to do it even though you can argue that gives an advantage to some teams over others, but I think it's the fairest way to go.

So who will be running at this meet? I figure I'll go kind of NXN style on the qualifying procedures. From each year two teams will qualify for the meet and five individuals not on those teams will also make the meet from each season. There will also be 4 "wild card" teams that make the meet. Also to reduce unnecessary repetition, individuals can only qualify as individuals once. In other words, if someone like Joe Beveridge could have made it in 2007 and 2008, he will only make it 2008 which I deem to be his most successful year.

So who did I pick to compete?

I picked these, and yeah I'm sure I'm bias here but these are the teams I selected:
2006- Coatesville, WCHenderson, (Strath Haven)
Individuals: Jason Weller, Paul Springer, Scott Van Kooten, Lucas Zarzeczny, Isaac Dunkleburger
2007- GFS, North Penn
Individuals: Mark Dennin, Chris Aldrich, Vince McNally, Dan Lowry, Josh Izewski
2008- North Allegheny, North Penn
Individuals: Jimmy Tarsnane, Matt McCullough, Joe Beveridge, Ben Furcht, Neal Berman
2009- West Chester Henderson, GFS, (LaSalle)
Individuals: Brad Miles, Rad Gunzenhauser, Chuck Lockwood, Tyler Mueller, Sam Bernitt
2010- North Allegheny, West Chester Henderson
Individuals: Wade Endress, Zach Hebda, Chris Campbell, Reece Ayers, Jacob Kildoo
2011- Cardinal O'Hara, North Penn
Individuals: Brett Kelly, Dustin Wilson, Logan Steiner, Drew Magaha, Conner Quinn*
2012- West Chester Henderson, O'Hara, (CRNorth)
Individuals: Max Norris, Brendan Shearn, Vinny Todaro, Brent Kennedy, Austin Pondel (This one killed me! I had to leave off Sami Aziz, Rico Galassi and Luke Jones among others ... straight up brutal)
2013- West Chester Henderson, North Allegheny, (O'Hara)
Individuals: Griffin Molino, Colin Abert, Dominic Deluca, Ross Wilson, Colin Martin

With that the field is set, the race will commence soon once I gather up the data, but should be fun! Looking forward to putting this bad boy together

No comments:

Post a Comment