A Couple Days

So quite the past two days. We over at Muhlenberg College are in the off-season. We just came off a team wide exit mile yesterday which went pretty well for our squad. Coach told us we couldn't go out faster than 75 which made for an interesting first lap. I led it through in 78. Whoops. You can imagine that after that things kinda went crazy. My best strategy was to try and drop slowly, so naturally the 2nd lap I went from 1st to about 8th, hitting 800m in about 2:32. Yeah, our exit mile went through in 2:30ish for the leaders. But after that we got going. I spent the third lap trying to get back into position and then the last lap I found my way up to the leaders so that I could manage to kick down at the end like my role model Robby Andrews. 2:32-2:08 ... quite the workout ....

And hey, that wasn't my last Robby Andrews moment of the night. He tweeted a congrats at me thanks to an urging from my coach Steve Finley. Having a former OTC runner with Oregon and Virginia experience is pretty cool. Hopefully his old roommate Nick Symmonds will be the next one to send out a little tweet or a little visit ... So if you are track nerd you may want to come to Muhlenberg while coach Steve is here, don't know which famous guy you will meet ... Well, relatively famous I guess ...

Then today now that I'm in the off-season I played my favorite sport basketball. And yeah basketball is my favorite sport to play. C'mon, I love running but let's face it, it can't be your favorite sport. It's not a game, it's just a competition. So finally I get do play sports and what happens? My running sucked the game out of me. My jump shot is nice and inaccurate and I'm too fast to run with the ball. Plus I'm pretty small and when I drive to the basket I get the crap beat out of me. I'm pretty sore right now. But it is nice to get in a little sport. I got a FelixBowl to compete in soon and I got actually have some athletic ability rather than just the ability to run far and stuff. 

Hope you guys are enjoying the awkward downtime that is November.

Stay Classy.

No comments:

Post a Comment