PA XC All Decade Team: An etrain Original Series

With the 2019 Footlocker Championships in the rearview mirror, a decade’s worth of Pennsylvania High School Cross Country is in the books. This 10 year stretch seemed to have it all. We started the decade with aqua jogging, a hydra monster and a state champ with two first names. Over time, we added a classification, retired a blog, rewrote the record books, started a blog, uploaded the record books to the cloud and retired a blog. And to cap it all off, we saw upsets, a plan coming together and a state champ with two first names. It has really hit all the check marks.

Seeing as I am now an old (, old,) man, I have managed to be around to follow all of this. And now, because the “e” in “etrain” probably stands for egotistical, I want to take some time to write a lot of words about it and post it on the internet so that less than 25 people can read it.

Coming in January 2020, I’ll be dropping a series of posts that will be covering the decade that was in PA XC. XC talk during track season isn’t necessarily the smartest idea I’ve ever had, but if you look back through some of my old posts, its definitely not my dumbest. 

There will be stories, rankings and a variety of blasts from the past. It would also be cool to get interviews, fan memories and guest spots. But those are up to you if you think this sounds fun.

The rest of the details are still being flushed out, but I wanted to make everyone aware early just to get the ball rolling.

Penntrack, if you want the rights hit me up. Otherwise, I’ll throw this on a blog (probably with a new link). It will be completely free, no subscription/email required. Just like the good old days.

If this idea seems like something you’d like, spread the news and comment below with your ideas and opinions. If it sounds terrible, feel free to share those opinions as well. All press is good press I guess.

And, *Forrest Gump voice*, that’s all I have to say about that.

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to read the new series!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hoping penntrack will finally hook you up with that much deserved deal.
    excited to read :)

    ReplyDelete