A Year In The Life - Coming Soon

Already everybody, it’s time for a history lesson. As you’ve probably picked up on by now, I’m a bit of a stat nut when it comes to PA High School track and field. And I’m currently running out of chances to dive back into the old files to spill out some stories from “back in the day”. So I’ve come up with a new series of posts that are essentially yearly recaps. I’ll be breaking down the biggest runners, teams, races and stories from each of the past 12 years (starting with my freshman year back in 2006-2007).  Here are the categories:

Defining Runners
The runners who defined the year. This doesn’t necessarily have to be the best runners, but often is. Who are people talking about in the comments? Who are people clicking on articles to learn more about? Who is representing the state best on the big stage? Which runners will be still be talking about even after they are gone?

Defining Teams
See defining runners, but for teams. This stretches from XC through track.

Best “The 11” Story
As you may know, I like to write about stuff. My favorite pieces of late have been The Etrain 11 narrative style articles. What storyline would be my dream The Etrain 11 piece in each given year.

Best Race
Pretty self-explanatory. Which race was the best of the year.

Biggest “What If?”
This is pretty subjective and requires some good old fashion etrain creativity. But a “what if” is a time when something went wrong or a fluke or unexpected event happened and it had a big ripple through the track community causing people to wonder-what if this played out different?

My Personal Best Running Moment
I’ll throw this in there for a personal anecdote. What achievement in my own running was my best one of the year.

PA’s Fastest Seniors

Top three fastest seniors by PR (not necessarily season best) in each of the distance events on the track.

I'll be putting up the first year's worth of action (2006-2007) at some point later this week and then gradually start putting out more at various times during this year. Think about some of your personal picks (most will probably be in later years) and then post those up when the years start ticking toward the years you care about.

Also if you have any cool ideas for other categories to include in these posts other than what is bolded above, I'm all ears. Which is ironic because when I played Frisbee the other day, my friends were telling me I'm all thumbs. Yeah, not my best work. Hopefully these posts will be better ...

No comments:

Post a Comment