District 7

After reading about the recent goings on at the district 7 championships I am quite upset. The biggest issue to me is what this means for kids trying to hit state qualifying standards who are outside the top 4 or 5 in their events. I'm hoping to get a look at the results in the near future and hopefully I can get some type of organized appeal going to send those who were affected by the weather to states. Stay tuned. If you hear of another effort to do the same please comment away on this blog. The PIAA has been willing to listen before in cases like Eric Futch so hopefully if we have a strong combined effort we will see results.

4 comments:

  1. I was at the meet, not running, but roughly 25 of my teammates and friends were competing. To have the athletes continue to run in what were some of the worst conditions I have ever seen was ridiculous. The WPIAL needs to figure something out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They had to clear the track of water. Not to mention various athletes complaining of the "sheets of water" in their path

    ReplyDelete
  3. James Smith wins the 800 in 1:53.2, Colin Martin wins the 3200 in 9:10, McGoey in 2nd with 9:17. Fox Chapel takes the 4x4 in 3:21.92 over Mt. Lebanon in 3:21.93.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. any idea where i can find official results?

      Delete