District One Day 1 Predictions

If anyone has information about what people are planning for districts feel free to update me. This is based on my best guesses. Here we go ....
4x8
I'm assuming the following 12 teams go to finals: Pennridge, CB East, Pennsbury, DT East, Penncrest, Upper Darby, North Penn, Boyertown, Henderson, Spring Ford, Bensalem, CR South

This is a tough event to pick with Darby being my bold sleeper here and leaving out teams like Radnor and Avon Grove who I think will go to finals if teams like Henderson and Bensalem decide not to run their A team here at Districts. Lots of really good teams, probably going to take 7:58ish to get out of the prelims which is absurd.

1600m
Here are the guys I think are getting through the 16
Russell, Sjoreen, Hare, Perlman, McDonald, Diestelow, Fisher, Hopkins, Waltz, Grace*, Holm*, Hanson*

This was very tricky to predict because of all the overlap. You could easily see guys like Barchet, Caldwell and Comber making an appearance here but I think they will go after other events while guys like Stratman will commit to the 4x8. Perhaps that's a tad bold but that's just my guess. That opens the door for some surprises here (and Ricky waltz). I think Grace Holm and Watson qualify on the double from the relay but that won't be easy.

800m
Here is how I have making finals ...
Logue, Wiseman, Caldwell, Garton, Francis, Emmanuel, Thompson, Cooper, Kerkula, Mercado, Sauer, Tooles

There are lots of sleepers in this one who I have on the outside looking in like Moy or Oconnell or Holm or Stewart but I'm not sure how people will do doubling off the 4x8 or who will choose to focus on this event. I see Jon Lewis focusing on the 4 again. If people can double well then they will prove me wrong and get in the finals. Lots of quality names under 1:57. I like how Cooper is focusing on just the 8 which is intriguing and should be exciting.

I see 8 people making it to states in each event and tentatively have ...
Pennridge, CB East, Pennsbury, DT East, Penncrest, Henderson, North Penn, and Spring Ford but that could all change in an instant if certain teams show me they are committed.

Russell, Sjoreen, Diestelow, Holm, McDonald, Hare, Perlman, Grace*
There is a chance if this field shapes up as I Expext that less than 8 guys get through .. Grace has a tough double on his hands in all likelihood unless they can run 7:55 without him.

Logue, wiseman, Caldwell, Garton, Francis, Thompson, Cooper, Kerkula
But again this can change a lot after day 1 depending on how much doubling was going down.

In the 32 I have the following 8 guys advancing:
Russell, Barchet, Marston, Comber, Wilson, Kazanjian, Brophy, Webb with potential for somebody like Willig to find his way in there if things go right (keep in mind I'm assuming Collins and strat are on 4x8 duty this weekend.

Let me know what kinda info you it's have and what you expect to go down this weekend.

Lots of other exciting district action is happening tht hopefully I will be able to touch on in the near future.

Full performance  list is available on penntrack

3 comments:

  1. What's up with Russell in the 800, 1600 and 3200?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He could do all of them but he's probably going to scratch for one (the 800 in my option)

      Delete
    2. I'm pretty sure the D1 performance list always includes all of the qualifiers, whether they're actually planning on running the race or not.
      - RJJL

      Delete