2017 Team Rankings 49-51 Split

I'm going to try something a little different with the rankings this year. At least in the preseason. I'm going to use fan commenting combined with my own personal opinions in a 51-49 split for the how the team rankings will go. So start commenting now on your team rankings and I'll combine all your opinions with my own to make the team rankings toward the end of the month. 

Thanks to everyone who commented on the Top 50 individual rankings! We had some nice discussion over there. But let's face it, the team talk is what really gets the people going. So let's do this.

P.S. If you are in to the running diaries, this latest chapter is similar to the snow-3k chapter with Ben Havleck which is one of the more popular ones. So you might like it if you liked that one. You also might not. That's very possible. Anyway, I linked it here just in case: http://therealtrain.blogspot.com/2017/07/the-running-diaries-chapter-thirty-six.html

But, the team rankings thing. Let's get that going. I need your help. Get your thoughts in now and keep building on that base commenting.

7 comments:

  1. AAA:
    1. CRN
    2. Seneca Valley
    3. Southern Lehigh
    4. Abington Heights
    5. Henderson

    ^^ yes, that was meant to cause a lot of discussion

    AA:
    1. Dallas
    2. York Suburban
    3. South Fayette
    4. Harbor Creek
    5. Wyomissing

    A:
    1. Winchester Thurston
    2. Elk County Catholic
    3. Montrose
    4. Jenkintown
    5. Penns Valley


    Sooooooooo many sleeper teams. Despite all the big names graduating, I'm way more pumped for the team race this year, and I'm usually more interested in the individuals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the running diaries is all I come for anymore now that I don't know any of these young whippersnappers. back in my day PA didn't have any of these individual superstars or Affolders or whoever, all we had was the Henderson superteam that took down the O'Hara juggernaut and wild upsets and controversies courtesy of Ross Wilson and Zach Brehm. We had to walk uphill both ways in blizzards just to get to our computers and comment on this blog and PA Don't Play

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of the blizzard snow back then was 3 feet high, and right before outdoor states in May, but we still got through and made our comments.

      I hope more people comment this year, it makes a great blog even better and occasionally we pick up a nugget or two that helps with predictions.

      Delete
  3. ^Favorite comment I've seen in a long time. I remember those days too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. can you give us a little help and tell us how many member from last years contenders are coming back. Off the top of my head, I can think of CRN, Seneca Valley as the top teams. Will have to include NA and WCH in the mix too since they have a great program. I'm guessing DTW and maybe Bishop Shanahan with the Hoey brothers. LAS and COH????. NP as a sleeper

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to try and put together some returner "cheat sheet" posts for the various districts in the coming weeks. I just put up one for District 1 and am hoping to do a D3, D7 and other. Then I'll take a look at the small school classifications. If anyone likes putting these sort of things together, feel free to type one up and send it in. We will post it up and give you some credit for your hard work!

      Delete
  5. 1) CRN
    2) MT LEBO
    3) NA
    4) DTW
    5) LAS
    6) BS
    7) SCA
    8) WCH
    9) SF
    10)BUT

    ReplyDelete