Thought #6: 51-101

Technically didn't get to 7 thoughts this week, but with the bonus thought and a few bonus thoughts at the bottom here I hope you won't be too offended.

So as requested here is the rest of the top 101 starting from 51 down to 101. Keep in mind that things get very tricky to rank the farther down the list and things get very difficult to place in order and choose which guys are on the list. So what id love to hear from you guys in addition to the usual comments on the list is to drop some names of guys that you think deserve top 101 status so I can get them on my radar going forward.

So without further ado, here we go.

51. K. Gonoude, Salisbury
52. K. Nelson, Conestoga
53. J. DeAngelo, Carlisle (+39)
54. M. Scarpill, CB South (+57)
55. S. Smith, Towanda
56. P. Murray, Conestoga
57. L. Delaney, Winchester
58. N. Morgan, Lakeland
59. A. Sauer, Pennsbury (+27)
60. D. Stroh, Altoona

A couple things to note of this group. I expect Gonoude to be a top 50 guy by season's end (he's one of my picks for top 5 in AA) but it's early and other guys are out there doing work so my list will always try to highlight the achievements of guys out there racing and dropping times if possible. But Gonoude is very talented and I expect big things. Huge stretch from DeAngelo finishing up now. He's a legit #2 for Carlisle, who needs it right now. Penntrack's team rankings I thought were quite good, but I disagree with Carlisle at 6, not sure they are a top 10 team. But DeAngelo gives them a potent top 2 and with Wisner running well that top 3 is dangerous enough to make noise. Scarpill is one of my guys this year. I see big things for him, I've been on the bandwagon all year and I think sub 16 and top 20 at districts are in the cards here. Nate Morgan is probably too low here, he's better than this ranking but he has a chance to turn things around quickly at prestates.

(Small side note, when I say lower on the list I mean up in number like 55 is lower than 45 and 55 is higher than 65. Just to clarify because I know others use the reverse).

61. A. Milligan, SC
62. A. Hanna, CR South (+22)
63. C. Holm, Radnor
64. C. McMenamin, Souderton (NR)
65. R. Morro, O'Hara (NR)
66. J. DeGroot-Lutzner, Masterman
67. J. MaGuire, CR South (+17)
68. T. Quiggle, Seneca Valley
69. N. Cruikshank, Conestoga (NR)
70. G. Hepp, GFS

Who is Connor McMenamin for Souderton? That's what I was asking after I saw those DeSales results, he really impressed with his third place finish. He and Slavin are a couple Sophs that can fly up this list with some consistent performances like that. Intriguing situation to watch. Why did I only have one O'Hara guy in my top 101 last week? Because I'm an idiot that's why. They delivered last week and thing week at Pre States they can make a big statement against NA. I'm not saying there will be an upset, I'm just saying I expect that race to be a dog fight. I'm a big Lutzner fan, he's a good A runner and should do serious damage at that state meet. Hanna and MaGuire had very strong performances this past weekend. If they were in the championship race we might have been talking about them as top 50 guys yesterday. Great stuff by them.

71. P. Grant, LaSalle
72. B. Szuhaj, Penn Charter
73. W. Loevner, Winchester
74. R. Budnik, Grove City
75. M. Kolor, Seneca Valley (NR)
76. E. Diestelow, WC East
77. B. Wilt, York Suburban
78. R. Mitchell, LaSalle (NR)
79. Z. White, West Allegheny
80. J. Cooper, Conestoga

That's right, 5 Conestoga guys in the top 80. Possibly a little bold with that move, but without any 5ks it's hard too place these guys completely accurately. Remember Cooper was in the top 50 at states last year so if he's this team's 5 at season's end you are looking at the probable state champs. I'm hoping Loevner a speedy recovery, he had a nice start to his comeback last week. If he focuses on getting healthy he will jump the list when it matters. Really like that Heinauer, Loevner, Delaney training group. I'm high on all 3 guys. Diestelow dropped too low this week looking back on it that was an overreaction. Chris Cummings would be disappointed. For the record this LaSalle team is going to be really fun. Like really fun. They're spread is sick and if Price bounces back (he was in my top 101 last week) there spread can be in the ball park of 10 seconds by states. Yes that's not a type-o. And thankfully as I learned recently from one of you out there, LaSalle and O'Hara and our St. Joe's individuals can all be at states together this year. Sweet.

81. Q. Wasko, Cumberland Valley
82. B. Delaney, Manheim T (+7)
83. K. Shinn, Wyomissing
84. J. Connors, Wilson
85. N. Smith, Ringold
86. D. Knudsen, Mifflin
87. J. Espinal, Wilson (+3)
88. J. Piscano, St. Joe's (+8)
89. G. Allgayer, Mercersburg (NR)
90. C. Trimble, South Side

There is no downside to getting to type south side in a post about high school distance running. I hope Trimble stays on this list forever. Keep in mind Espinal Wilson is different than Connors Wilson as one is district 11 the other is D3. Also keep an eye on both as I expect both guys to be movers this year. Connors was money at season' send last year.

91. J. Smith, Avon Grove
92. K. Perry, Scranton Prep (NR)
93. J. Yurchak, Hempfield (+5)
94. D. Wilkinson, Red Land
95. E. Goebel, LaSalle (NR)
96. N. Wolk, Peters? (NR)
97. B. Mass, CB West (NR)
98. C. Wills, Malvern Prep
99. S. Bullock, DT West
100. A. Ramirez, Bensalem
101. D. Quigley, Freedom (NR)

Three different Parkland guys were in the top 101 at some point during the drafting of this and so too was Gabe Lamm. D11 is quickly making a name for itself. Seriously is this the year for D11!!

Also sorry to Lebo, you guys probably deserved another guy or two on this list. Sorry Ev.

PreStates will have the biggest effect on the rankings for next week most likely just like Briarwood was the most important meet this weekend and PTXC the weekend before that. Sorry for one that means for the small schools at the small meets.

One last fun fact. In the history of the prestates meet (AAA), no team has run prestates and then won the state meet. Looks like Conestoga is the state champ this year! (For the record I hope Ohara or NA win states so I can stop brining this coincidence up every year).

Well I think that's all the facts I wanted to squeeze in pre weekend. Comment away my friends.

2 comments:

  1. Why are there guys that haven't ran in awhile, or even this season on here?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The idea is to project everyone in the state ... So even if someone hasn't run in a while but I expect them to run soon and they have great potential or had a great year last year, I keep them on the list. The only way you can move up the list is to race and race well, but you can stay on the list without racing.

    Hope that helps clear things up

    ReplyDelete