A Basic Guide

A Basic Guide To LXV
With the site expanding, it will be a tiny bit more complicated to navigate the site. To help with the transition I have written this guide to introduce you to everything. If you have any questions, feel free to get in contact with me.

Editors Note: I have temporarily stopped the mobile template from displaying so people can learn to navigate the site. All the posts show up on one page in the mobile template so it may be trickier for some to use. There are instructions below for how it works on both templates.

There are two ways readers tend to access my blog: the web version and the mobile version. It’s important to note that the nifty sorting tabs I’ve used won’t show up quite the same way on a mobile device as they will on the web version. I suggest you try both versions to see which you prefer.

A valuable tool to recognize will be the labels gadget at the bottom of all posts. If you click on a label it will bring you to all the posts that have said label. I will be labeling everything by author and subject matter so that you can easily click around the site and read what you like to read.

Another important thing to keep in mind is that every single post that goes up on the blog will be tracked by month on the side of the web version of the page on the far right. This way, you can easily keep track of all the new posts going up on the blog in chronological order, without having to flip across all the different tabs.

The final important feature to understand is the tabs. If you are a web browser you should see the tabs across the top of the page. If you are a mobile browser, they should be in a drop down link at the very top of your site.

The tabs are listed as follows:
-Etrain’s Blog
-NCAA
-Professional
-etank
-she train
-General
-Playground
-State Rankings
-All-Time List
-Archives

Etrain’s Blog is basically the home page for the site. This page will continue to focus on the classic subject matter of the site: high school distance running. If you only wish to view this information, then you won’t need to change anything about how you normally use the blog.

All other posts will be sorted with the label “hide” (to keep it off the home page) and also the label with the same title as the page. However, it is important to realize if you are accessing the blog from the mobile template, it will not hide the posts from the home page, meaning all recent posts will show up on your device. If you do not like this formatting, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click to view as a web version. You also can also filter on the label “Etrain’s Blog” and your mobile platform will be only the posts on the home page.

Here are some descriptions of what you can access on the new pages.

NCAA
This page will cover Collegiate Track and Field and Cross Country at the Division I, Division II and Division III levels. My own personal posts will likely focus on distance running and the top level competition in Division I. I also hope to fill everyone in on PA alumni and create additional posts on the Mideast Region and Centennial Conference in Division III.

Professional
This page will cover both national and international cross country, track and field and road racing. It will be mainly focused on USA athletes and distance running on the world scene.

Etank
This section will cover high school athletics, similar to the etrain’s blog page. However, I am hoping to expand coverage to sprinters and field athletes in this section. My knowledge is somewhat limited in this arena so I hope others will be excited and willing to get involved in the writing process.

Shetrain
As mentioned, I’m looking to get new writers involved on the site and to expand the coverage. One of the ways I plan to expand is by including female running in addition to males at the high school level. My knowledge here is fairly limited, so get in contact with me if you are interested in getting involved!

General
This will be a section for general, every day running posts. I may use it for short stories, posts about my own running, or book ideas. In addition, I hope others will consider sharing their own running stories in this section. It’s also a great place for people to advertise competitions, road races or events that they would like the blog’s viewership to be aware of.

Playground
This will be the same as the current “playground” set up. It’s a fairly limited forum at the moment until I can play around with things and figure out a better format. If other’s have ideas please let me know. This section is a good place to discuss various topics without being limited to a specific idea or post. I also give a bit more wiggle room to commenters in this section as opposed to the main pages of the blog.

State Rankings
Currently, this will be used to house the rankings for the current indoor season and PTFCA Championship cut-off list. Come outdoors, it will be used mainly to keep track of the Henderson Meet of Champs Qualifiers/Leaders.

All-Time List
This is a list of the fastest times I have recorded in state history. If anyone has additional marks to be added to the list, please let me know. The cut offs for the list are 9:20.00, 4:17.00 and 1:55.0. Splits are included. The full document has all individuals that I have found who have hit these marks, but for the sake of space I have posted up the top 50 in each event. If you would like me to post the full list or send you the full list, I can do that as well.

Archives
This is a link to my old blog from circa 2010-2013. It can be used as reference for old posts and a touch of history. I had to get rid of it because some bots ended up infiltrating the comment sections and making it unusable, but if you are bored and looking for older information it’s not a bad place to search.


Hopefully this gives you an idea of what is available for you now here at the realtrain. If you have any questions, comments or concerns please don’t hesitate to let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment