Presenting etrainLXV

Welcome to LXV
LXV represents a transformation of therealtrain.blogspot.com into a more complete site. Coverage on this site will be expanding and hopefully also increasing in quality for the year 2015 and beyond. As mentioned LXV is the Roman numeral 65. I have seen 65 different individual state champions crowned during my time. But E65 in combination with the 1/24 @ 7 release time is also meant to represent 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. In other words etrainLXV is meant to both honor the past, present and future history of our sport and also to expand into a larger role of the general running lifestyle.

I am hoping to expand into fields like Professional and Collegiate athletics in addition to other, non-distance running areas of high school. As a result, I am going to need to increase my writing staff. If you are interested in being a part of this transition process and contributing to the site, please get in touch with me. I will accept anonymous writers, part-time writers, one-time writers, etc. My email is jarrettfelix1130@gmail.com if you would like to hear more.

In addition to expansion, the goal is also to legitimize the site and increase credibility. Hopefully, this will expand the possibilities for what we can accomplish as a community and will increase the quality of coverage with things like interviews, video coverage and more. I'm looking to get people involved immediately for various levels of onsite coverage. If you are going to be at a meet and want to tweet about it, leave your twitter handle below a post about said meet. If you are willing to film races, post summaries/splits or conduct interviews, even better! I'm all ears for ideas and would love to hear from you as LXV is only in it's beginning stage.

This will not all be possible without additional volunteers and other great minds of the sport getting involved. I want to ensure that the increase in volume/subject matter does not decrease the quality of my posts which I feel is essential to continued enjoyment for my readers. 

If you have any questions on the new site structure, a guide has been created. Also you can always feel free to reach out to me and ask questions.

Editors Note: I've temporarily turned off the mobile platform so people can navigate the sight and get used to the new format. Within a few days I'll reactivate the mobile design as well.

9 comments:

  1. This. Is. Awesome. Great work Jarrett! I don't even know where to start. Myself and everyone else appreciates all your hard work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! Hoping the transition goes successfully!

      Delete
  2. Reading your "Brett Favre" post on your old blog is kinda funny now isn't it? It was sad though, remembering how upset everyone was when you left.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i've read a few of the old posts from my retirement stuff and it's really funny now to look back, that's why i linked up those archives it's nice to have a record of what i was wrong and right about and things like that ... as a community we put a lot of work into that blog and although it got infected with spammers and such, it's nice to have a record of the memories

      Delete
  3. Love it train. Im really glad that you're doing this and I think this could be really great if everyone gets behind it! This also gives you more of a reason to not think about retirement. I'm sure we'll be able to see the true potential of this blog and the running community.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're exactly right. I think this has always been his plan. Its all about getting the running community's support though for this to take off.

      Delete
    2. thank you! it's going to take some time for everyone (including me) to get used to, but hopefully it will become something cool. of course what this made this blog popular originally will always be the focus and i hope to make that coverage just as strong as ever while in this transition period. still plenty more to come and i think i may have a few surprises left up my sleeves looking ahead!

      Delete
  4. I really like LXV and it will make the blog really nice. I have 2 suggestions - make the font of the labels smaller so they only use one line and don't run into 2 lines at the top, and include a hyperlink at the old etrain11.blogspot.com so it is only one click to get here and copying and pasting is not necessary. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. excellent points, i think those should be fixed now ... that was a great point and if you are anyone else has more to say things like this are always beneficial! thanks for your help

      Delete