Countdown to Selection Sunday

I won't be producing a weekly recap for this weekend as has been done most weeks, but instead would rather group that in with a look at the most up to date indoor standings and a discussion of what meets/events are still left that could shape the indoor state landscape. I think that will be a more valuable/interesting use of the blog, especially since recaps are becoming more and more popular on penntrack's site. Feel free to share your thoughts on this in the comments section.

As I wait for the weekend results to finish rolling in (PCLs going on right now, Kolor competing in Boston, etc.), I figured I'd double check the list I have of remaining meets with you all and get a feel for what meets we have left this season. Here's what I've got:

2/14 - PCL Championships, Boston Indoor
2/15 - Boys DELCO (At Glenn Mills track, only DELCO teams involved)
2/17 - Valentine's Invitational (at West Chester Henderson, weather may actually be decent even though it has sucked recently, imagine most Ches-mont schools involved)
2/18 - State College Invitational (last chance for D6/D3 type teams to get their state marks, fast, banked track)
2/19 - Summit Invite (I think we've seen a lot of District 2 types at this meet in the past)
2/20 - Millrose Games (only Abington and SC in the 4x8 + Dahl, Hoey in Mile), TFCAofGP MoC (at Lehigh, need to have qualifying mark), TSTCA Champs (at Edinboro, need to have qualifying mark as well I believe?)

Are there any other meets I missed? Anybody have any ideas for who will be focusing up on what to close out the season? Plans for the state meet? Share it here on the playground so that we can get as accurate of a state meet projection as possible. I'll post my full lists once the action from this weekend is in the books, but as of now the cut-offs are looking pretty fast. Here's what I'm projecting at the moment for those wondering (as of now I've included all results up through the PCL mile):

4x800m bubble - 8:12.66, 8:12.83, 8:14.07
Mile bubble - 4:27.87, 4:27.96, 4:28.20 (by my count 42 guys have the SQG)
800m bubble - 1:59.52, 1:59.87, 2:00.07
3,000m bubble - 8:56.63, 8:59.55, 9:00.19
DMR bubble - 10:41.05, 10:42.92, 10:44.74

All these times have been converted to bank track times and account for what I consider the most likely scratches. At this point, I'm using a conservative estimate with a limited amount of scratches. I gave a small range to give you an idea of where things stand and, as mentioned, I'll be producing the full list shortly.

So comment away, discuss the weekend action and share your thoughts on what to expect for the season's final regular season week! Expect my recap/ranking/projection all in one post to come out once the dust settles from this Valentine's Day Weekend.

Stay Classy and buy your mom some flowers.
- valentrain

No comments:

Post a Comment