Wisconsin, Oreos, and giannis antetokounmpo

Right now I'm sitting in my dorm, finished up with night class typing on my phone because my laptop is broken watching the bucks play the magic on league pass. I've spent a solid hour plus reading grantland and my writing idol Bill Simmons so logically I flipped on to the blog and decided to just type out like old times.

Do I know what I'm about to write about? No idea. Is it likely that I'm going to make a ton of type-o s? Incredibly so. But I love this stuff and so I will ramble away for anybody who wants to listen. Or read or whatever.

I've had a craving all night for the new cookie dough Oreos. It's like a combination of all my favorite things. Cookie dough and Oreos. And being a sucker for new ideas designed to appeal to the masses. I'm not quite cynical enough to consider the fact that such a brilliant idea may not have been introduced yet because ... Well ... It's actually not that good.

This optimism is mirrored in my bucks vs magic game. I'm a sixers fan and I want the first overall pick. Ideally both the magic and bucks win tonight but they can't both win. That being said, one of them has to win. And the sixers already lost tonight. Just give us Julius randle now baby!

I think you have to be optimistic if you are going to be a runner. Every time you step on the line you are willing putting yourself in a position where if you do things right, you puke and feel like garbage for hours. I did extra drills today for an entire hour in hopes of dropping a second or two in a month or two. Goodness gracious to somebody else that probably sounds pretty darn depressing.

But this is what I do, this is what I love. So even though I'm waking up at 7:30 tomorrow on a day I don't have any class, I'm pretty excited to go do a workout in lane 4 of a 160m indoor track. I like getting out there and finding something new to drive me and motivate me and keep me coming back.

I've thought about quitting in lots of things and running is no exception. It can be frustrating at times without a doubt. But I always come back. I never really go through with it. Heck I can't even stay away from blogging about running for a month without craving more. It's an addiction and I'm not going to rehab. No no no.

Yeah I'm sorry I regret making that joke, not my best stuff.

So ultimately I'm running my last regular season indoor race I will ever run on Saturday at haverford. I'm gonna live in the moment and even when I get knocked around (like last week at ursinus) I'm gonna stay optimistic.

In the end it's just another race. Let's face it, I'm not quitting any time soon ....


Now back to the important issues .... can we get those Oreos?

1 comment:

  1. -Claig x Claig
    P.S Trust the process. ROCO <3

    ReplyDelete