Official NCAA Predictions Shoot Around

Here are the links to all of our predictions. Zat, Fox, Gatchell and I dish it out in a little fun prediction contest before NCAAs. Feel free to share your picks here on the blog. If that doesn't convince you maybe this intro from Garrett Zatlin will ...

Ladies and gentlemen, there comes a time in every writers career where they must face the criticism and scorn of the public. Where outlandish opinions must be expressed and defended to display the true integrity of the writer. It is a responsibility writers must sustain as it brings excitement and controversy to an area that occasionally needs just that. Yes, that’s right, I am talking about Garrett Zatlin’s 2015 indoor NCAA predictions. Exactly what you were thinking, right?
I’ll be honest, when I became involved with the blog I didn’t know much about the NCAA. I had no idea who Keffri Neal, Kemoy Campbell, or any of the Georgetown guys were. I didn’t even have a clue as to what the typical qualifying times for NCAA’s were for each event. Yet, throughout this whole writing experience, I have grown to enjoy reading the collegiate results. I have become so much more knowledgeable about the sport and I have found a new sense of respect for runners at this level.
With all of that time around a sport, I feel confident that I can make my own predictions and be somewhat accurate. I have tried to pick my top five off of a few select criteria that includes placement in races, consistency, improvement throughout season, experience, and of course season bests. So after months of research, result analysis, weighing options, and gut instinct, here are my 2015 Indoor Track National Championship predictions.


5,000m
DMR
Mile
800m
3,000m

The day is almost here and it’s going to be an exciting one. Definitely let me hear your predictions and reasons as to why I’m wrong! As Etrain likes to quote, “Get your popcorn ready” (Terrell Owens).

Run on,

Garrett


3 comments:

  1. Don't know what scoring you used but it looks like Gatchell or maybe Zatlin won

    ReplyDelete
  2. What we did was take the difference between where a runner was predicted to finish and where he actually finished. Lowest score wins. So take the 5k for example. I had Curtin at 5th but he finished 8th. So that gets me 3 points. I Witt at 4th and he actually finished 4th so I get 0 points. I had Geoghegan at 3rd and he got 7th so that gave me 4 points. I had Stinson at 2nd and he got 3rd so that gets me 1 point. However, since I correctly predicted the winner (Jenkins in 1st) I got -5 bonus points which puts me at a grand total of 3 points. I won that round.

    We still have to double check and verify, but after some rough math it seems that Gatchell won with 44, I was second with 49, Fox in third with 62, and Train (surprisingly) in last with 75. Someone (maybe me) might be making another post referencing this later. It was fun, especially since this is the first time I beat Train in a prediction contest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am appalled by Mr. Zatlin's ignorance and his lack of inclusion of the GOAT in his predictions. The lack of the Lord of the 800 is sacrilegious and he should be ashamed as a writer. Considering he lost only by a technicality (a rock could run faster than him) Mr. Zatlin should be ashamed that he did not include the only Senor to compete in every 800 race in history. Shame on you sir, and as always GIF.

    ReplyDelete