State Coverage

I've put everything in one place. As mentioned, discussion kind of jumps all over the place because I do post a lot so I figure we can use this post for comments and I'll link up all the coverage I have so far and take a bit of a break to let everybody catch up.

Really a fantastic state meet and so appreciative of the fantastic races and runners I got to see lay it all on the line.

Prediction Contest Results
Compiled Splits Page

3200m Recap
4x800m Recap
1600m Recap
800m Recap

State Coverage Overview (this post contains links to some youtube videos of the races)

Predictions Post (check out what me and the others got right and got wrong by looking by at our pre race predictions and analysis)

Also I will begin working on The Etrain 11 stories soon. As mentioned if anyone has some suggestions for stories/coverage they would like to hear more on from the 2015 season, please let me know. I have a few ideas in the works already, but I'm interested to hear what other people found interesting.

Lastly, don't forget to set your calendars for July 12th at 11:50.

So get some discussion going and I'll begin checking back in with posts later this week.

8 comments:

  1. There was probably four or five runners in the 3200 who would have had a great shot at state gold if they had opted for the 1600 instead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not to be rude, but how is Dominic Perreta first team 1600 over Jaxson Hoey and Sam Ritz?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Listen, I understand Ritz is the best miler in the state, but Perreta had ran the most high quality 1600's this outdoor season. Honestly, I don't even think Ritz should be 2nd team, I would switch him and Hoey

      Delete
    2. I don't think Ritz ran the mile at independent leagues right? So he has really only raced once against high school competition in that event and that was at Penn Relays (i.e. he raced zero PA guys) and he won't be racing any PA guys this weekend so unfortunately, despite the fact that he clearly been the states best mile guy all year I can see the argument against him as pointed out above

      Delete
    3. No, I'm pretty sure he beat McDevit at independent states or something like that.

      Delete
    4. I also have a problem with no Brophy in the 3200 team. Between his Penn 3k, Henderson W, 2nd at disticts, and also medaling at states, I think you need to find a spot for him

      Delete
    5. Regarding Ritz, you are correct he did win independent states in the 16, I was thinking of inter acs where he skipped it so that takes away from my argument ... The 32 was gonna leave a good dude or two off regardless but there are plenty of arguments for lots of guys ... Anyone notice how they just left 4th team open in the 800? Couldn't pick between McDevitt, Peretta, Graca I guess?

      Delete
  3. Thanks for all the coverage this season. I'm very much appreciative of the hours all the writers put in to promote the sport and give us great coverage.

    ReplyDelete