After Etrain

Well folks, this time I figured I’ll give you more of a warning then I have in the past. This speech is probably getting old to you, so I’ll keep it straight forward. After this year, I’m planning to step down from full time blogging. Instead, I’m hoping to do a few pieces here or there, continue working on my book and other projects I find interesting and maybe explore other avenues of writing. I always enjoy it and I like having a place to come and post what I create, but I think I’m ready to be done with the weekly/daily recaps, rankings, etc.

However, unlike past retirements, I am trying to get out ahead of this one. I’d like to recruit a new wave of writers who would be interested in taking on some of the recap/ranking/article/interview/whatever they find interesting type. For this XC season, I’m still all in and you can expect to get the recaps and rankings plus some in depth district and state predictions like you’ve seen from me in the past. I won’t abandon you on that front. But I’m hopeful that, starting with winter track, we will have some new hands on deck to help begin the transition.

If we plan far enough in advance, hopefully we can have a whole new site set up so that when I finish up at the end of the year, it’s smooth sailing. I’m going to set up a new website (address TBD) for the new writing staff and I’ll be keeping mine through the end of spring track. Obviously, my name is all over therealtrain so I’d like to keep this site my own for liability reasons if nothing else. We can, however, use therealtrain to help transition to that new site so that the audience and discussion is there when I’m finished (or before if people are up for that).


So if you’d like to be a part of this next wave, hit me up via email at jarrettfelix1130@gmail.com and get on board. I will respect anyone who wants to remain anonymous in their writing and I’m happy to help review posts, bounce ideas around or anything else you need to feel prepared for the blogging circuit. The more of you there are the better as that takes the pressure off one person to do one job. Trust me, it can be a little time consuming depending on the time of year. 

3 comments:

  1. A hushed silence falls over the crowd

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to be in the next wave of writers. Unfortunately, I'm not too well versed on the entire state and wouldn't be very good at rankings and such. I still enjoy writing about running, and have made some "articles", though at the time had no intention of actually publishing them.I would definitely be interested if we have a group pf 3-5 writers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think one thing that would be huge would to have some of your gathered data and send it to these new writers to brush up on some of the history. after studying the statistics for a bit i think these young whippersnappers can get a hang of it :)
    and as someone who really found math boring, and statistics particularly boring, as subjects in school, i have found myself very passionate about statistics for track and field.

    i would also be willing to try and dig up some of my older statistic things for anyone who wants them: patrackdontplay@gmail.com

    also, i'm excited to hear you're really going to dig into this book Jarrett! :) best of luck!

    ReplyDelete