Public Service Announcement

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-eWv1L8cVyJdzBfUGRWSVdOeDg/edit?usp=docslist_api

Hey guys the above link is information the Henderson 2 Mile that has now become a tradition between states and regionals. It's a great meet and something great to keep you motivated during the long lay off. There is going to be top talent (Henderson, Conestoga, the Hoeys, and hopefully more) and a race under the lights always has magic potential.

I feel like my top fitness at 2 miles was probably during cross country. I did a couple mile time trials at the end of cross and got near my PR. Plus I did a 3k a couple times at the beginning of cross and set PRs. So if you want to take advantage of your fitness or get a big time 2 mile to impress college coaches, this is a great opportunity.

For the record I think lots of people from PA should do footlocker and NXN. If you are a young guy or team you are going to want the experience (e.g. DT West and CB West). Footlocker regionals is just a really cool experience that you don't want to miss out on. And you never know if you will have a magic day and make nationals. I always wanted to run in one of the individual class races like the Senior race, just for the experience (I was nowhere near good enough to race in the championship race).

So I encourage everyone to check out the link above and consider this opportunity.

6 comments:

  1. Is there a performance list anywhere? The link just has info for registration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This link is for the November race as opposed to the one coming up this week or so. I'd imagine a performance list would be available as we get closer to the event.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok, I was thinking it was the 2 mile race this wednesday.

      Delete
  3. Do they have results from passed years on penn track for the 2 mile? I can't find them...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found this, so it this the first year it is ran on the track?
      http://pa.milesplit.com/meets/147011-deuce-at-singer-farm#.VDHCcimwIXX

      Delete
    2. They did it on the track in 2012
      http://pa.milesplit.com/meets/128352-henderson-v-ohara-v-germantown-friends-v-kennett-3200m#.VDHII410ytw

      Delete