Public Service Announcement

There is some great discussion going on one post down. Lots of interesting questions an discussions, but I wanted to get this up as a public service announcement.

So I’m sorry to say that despite the reasonably high quantity of posts and previews I have done in the weeks leading to the state meet, my schedule will be quite busy this weekend. The earliest I will be able to recap the state meet will be late Saturday night. I am sure that padontplay will provide excellent post-race analysis in my absence and I will do my best to have 3 race recaps finished by Sunday night. I may make a few tweets after I look at results, but then I'm gonna let everything sink in, enjoy my time with friends and family and then get back on my posting grind. By Monday I should return to my normal posting rate.

Results will be up on runhigh first and foremost. Go there around end of race time and just keep hitting refresh until they come up. It's fool proof. Also penntrack usually gets the results up on twitter.
 
I have created this post to provide a place to discuss the results while I am away. Please note that I am trusting you all to make polite comments. If you think there is a chance the comment is inappropriate, please post it on the playground section. I am much less likely to delete something from that post than from my main blog. I will still be checking the comments section when possible in order to police and as you guys probably realized, I will be strict.
 
However, I also want to take this time to thank you guys. You have done a fantastic job commenting in a polite, fair and interesting way. You’re contributions to the blog have been spectacular and you have made my job a lot easier by doing such a great job. Even those comments that have been deleted were often not too bad and probably would have been left alone if they were posted in the playground section rather than the main blog.
 
Overall, sorry I won’t have quite the level of analysis you have been accustomed to this weekend, but thank you very much for your contributions. I believe you guys can continue to keep the blog strong while I am away. Plus, after states we have 3 solid weeks with very little to talk about (besides what will hopefully be another exciting 2 mile at Henderson) so there will plenty of time for me to cover everything I want to talk about as it relates to the state meet.
 
And while I’m away, I figured I would link up a little preview for you guys of something I have been working on ….

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-eWv1L8cVyJMEVFWUh5M08tNUE/edit?usp=docslist_api

7 comments:

  1. I know this is a male xc blog, but I was just looking at the aaa girls results and pennsbury wins with a score of 68 points, and they return their whole top 5 next year, all of whom will be seniors except one girl who will be a soph (their #4), and their 7 will return as a senior as well. Being that they are ranked 10th in the saucony flo 50, could they win Nationals next year and challenge the coatesville boys of '06 as the best PA xc team in history?

    -Trun

    ReplyDelete
  2. Molino wins A in 15:46

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Russell's cr is getting smashed by abert

      Delete
  3. WOW! Brophy 15:24... WOW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Results of the Fantasy League
    Team 1: 5, 8, 18, 19, 33, (38), (101) = 83
    Team 2: 2, 15, 21, 31, 32, (40,) (45) = 101
    Team 3: 1, 10, 17, 46, 53, (216), (227) =127
    Sean: 9, 14, 20, 28, 39, (69), (73), =110
    Jarrett: 3, 12, 16, 22, 23, (34), (89), = 76
    Team 6: 4, 6, 13, 34, 43, (91), (159) = 100
    Team 7: 11, 27, 54, 82, 138, (165), (239) = 312
    Team 8: 7, 26, 35, 37, 66, (84,) (87) = 171

    That makes the Team Standings:
    Jarrett,
    Team 1,
    Team 6
    Team 2
    Sean
    Team 3
    Team 8
    Team 7

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the idea of a MOC meet. I'd think it'd truly show the best of the best. Although Ive got 2 issues...

    1. The invitational qualifying meets (Carlisle, Pre-States, Paul Short) are great for everyone except the guys out west. We don't often see a lot of guys in the west come out to those meets. I would include the Red, White, and Blue invite in there as well.

    2. Another issue is that it simply might not catch on. To be honest, I usually get the vibe that most squads look forward to track rather than xc. After states, most people just want to be done. Some might argue that one more race is one too many races before regionals/nationals. It just depends what the teams want to do. Hopefully it does catch on

    ReplyDelete