States Agenda

So just some announcements on the plan for the week. Today and tomorrow I will release my official predictions for states. I'm trying out a new format for this year called Jarrett Felix v. etrain (v. The fans) predictions. Jarrett's predictions will be made with a safer, more logical flair and etrain will follow his instincts and be a little crazier with his predictions. I hope you enjoy seeing both sides of my predicting process in action.

But also I want you guys to be involved. So post up a top 25 prediction attached to any post this week for the contest (probably a good idea to include some type of code name so we can praise you for your great work) and then it will be scored based on how close you are to the actual results.

For example, say I predict Galen Rupp to finish 6th, but he fades in the final straightaway and finished 18th. For Rupp I would have a score of 12. When you add up my score for all my top 25 predictions I have a total score. The lowest total score wins. For fairness I have also imposed a 40 point max. So if Rupp ends up finishing 55th, that's only 40 points instead of 49. This way one fluke performance doesn't destroy your predictions.

We also will be holding yet another states fantasy draft! I think these are really fun and hopefully lots of people will get involved. We usually do the draft through Facebook because it is easiest but we can hide all identities when posting results to the blog. Get in contact with me or Forrest if you want to be involved. We are still a couple guys short of a full league.

Lastly, I've got some other plans for this week. I may do a podcast or two but we have been having some technical difficulties of late that have been a problem. I will, however, have a fan forum later this week. That means I'll be standing by live to answer post comments, emails or tweets about the state championship and my predictions. It's an opportunity to get in some final questions and discussion. If we have a ton of people online at the same time, I'm sure we can get some really cool debates going. More details on this later.

If you have another idea for something you would like to see this week, let me know and I'll be happy to see what I can do.

Thanks, I'll be back with predictions sometime tonight.

5 comments:

  1. AAA

    1. Comber
    2. Abert
    3. K James
    4. Brophy
    5. Marston
    6. Power
    7. Webb
    8. Sappey
    9. Hanna
    10. Knapp
    11. McGoey
    12. Susalla
    13. Wharrey
    14. Brehm
    15. Gebhart
    16. Perlman
    17. Morro
    18. Wasko
    19. Lapsansky
    20. Demko
    21. Linderman
    22. Seiger
    23. McMenamin
    24. Arita
    25. Swart

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. Abert
    2. Brophy
    3. Power
    4. Comber
    5. Power
    6. James
    7. Marston
    8. McGoey
    9. Knapp
    10. Sappey
    11. Webb
    12.Gerhardt
    13.Dishtowel
    14.Hanna
    15.Arita
    16.Carmody
    17.Wharrey
    18.Brehm
    19.Morro
    20.McMenamin
    21.Fortna
    22.Barchet
    23.Nelson
    24.Swart
    25.Maguire
    -NJD

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no idea how I spelled it "dishtowel",I think it auto-corrected. Obviously it should be Diestelow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1. That's hilarious
      2. I know power is pretty good, but it would take some kinda double-chip flying shoe jiu jitsu at the line to get both 3rd and 5th. Just saying

      Delete
    2. Revised: hopefully no more mistakes
      1. Abert
      2. Brophy
      3. Power
      4. Comber
      5. James
      6. Marston
      7. McGoey
      8. Knapp
      9. Sappey
      10. Webb
      11.Gerhardt
      12.Diestelow
      13.Hanna
      14.Arita
      15.Carmody
      16.Wharrey
      17.Brehm
      18.Morro
      19.McMenamin
      20.Fortna
      21.Barchet
      22.Nelson
      23.Swart
      24. Davies
      25.Maguire
      -NJD

      Delete