District Week

by Jarrett Felix

For those of you who didn't listen to the latest running down the train podcast, I fell way behind on my league recaps this past week thanks to a considerable amount of cramming for my actuarial examination on Thursday. Rather than try and play catch up now that the test is complete, I've decided that I will be combining the league meet recaps with my district meet previews this up coming week so that I can bring you the best possible district week coverage.

I will once again be attempting to predict every single state qualifier, both individually and team wise, from all districts and all divisions. So keep checking all this up coming week for the latest predictions from yours truly.

Here's a little District 8 prediction to whet your appetite. They have only a AAA race with 1 team qualifying spot and therefore 5 individual spots available (top 5 individuals not on the state qualifying team)

District 8 is coming this weekend and I'll predict Allerdice gets the 1 individual qualifying spot with Amadou Allou and Tavonne Davis taking 1-2 overall in the race. I think this Allerdice team has proven themselves time and time again as the class of this district. Their top two are excellent and they have done a nice job holding their own in some big time WPIAL invitationals and even at Manhattan. Their top four could potentially sweep the top four spots at this meet with Berger and Taormina having solid seasons in 2015. If they sure up the #5 spot they may even surprise a few squads at states, although AAA is absolutely stacked this year in my opinion.

Carrick took the 5 individual qualifying spots last year to earn a spot as a team at states and there is a chance they do it again this year. Joshua Walters and Robert Wornock have each had some solid performances as front runners for this group and their 3-4-5 runners aren't far behind. I'm unsure of the depth outside Allerdice in this district, but if things break right Carrick may be able to punch their ticket to Hershey as well.

District 8 results never even got published last year (at least as far as I could tell), so let's change that this year people! If you have results post them up or shoot me an email and we will post them up on the site! No district should go under appreciated.

4 comments:

  1. PS No word from milesplit yet on if they will accept the prediction contest, but I have to say I really appreciate the report we have seen on twitter from you guys! Hopefully we can transition into the forums and make this thing happen! Should be a fun time either way. You know we will have plenty of predictions available on this site during the last two weeks of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The podcasts are really cool and very informative, people should really go give em a listen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where can one find these podcasts.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the compliment! I've kinda been hiding them because I didn't think anyone would like them much but here's a link: http://www.therealtrain.blogspot.com/search/label/Rdtt?m=1

      Delete